Monthly Archives: September 2011
Team Relay Events which consist of really short distances are the exciting new addition to the upcoming Asian Triathlon Championships this weekend.
- Team of 3: 1 Swimmer , 1 Biker , 1 Runner (Mixed, may be male or female)
- Team members do 3 lots of the following:
Swimmer swims 50m, Biker cycles 3k, Runner Runs 1k
- On the 3rd round the Runner goes to the finish line.
- All team members must be between 6-14 years old.
- Top 5 Teams will be awarded prizes.
- IronKids Relay Race will be held after the IronKids Individual Races. Participants from the Individual Races may register for the Relay Event as well.
I call these two “Golden Rain” and “Pink Mist” 🙂
Every September, Gabriel’s Symphony Foundation, an organization dedicated to helping children facing various challenges in life, holds a 12-Hour Multi Sport Event to raise funds for its cause (http://gabrielsymphony.com/). As always we planned a whirlwind of activities for our participants and supporters, including a swim-a-thon, bike-a-thon, adventure race for kids, aquathlon and triathlon for kids, run races, soccer and martial arts demos, and a small expo area.
A lot of people showed up to help including The Younghusband Football Academy, Triathlon Association of the Philippines, P.A.V.I.C.Philippines, Hyundai, and local age group teams and triathletes like Arland Macasieb, Nonoy and Joyette Jopson, Maiqui Dayrit, Willy Chiongbian, and Hans Kristian Juan. Kristian biked for 12hours straight, his 5th year of doing so, and Maiqui, who does an Ironman during the event every single year, actually qualified for Kona this October and will bring the cause of Gabriel’s Symphony all the way to the World Championships!
My favorite parts of the day of course, were the kids races. I am so proud of the participants for wanting to help their fellow children in need. (to read more, please click this link: http://teamtimex.timexblogs.com/2011/09/04/making-childrens-lives-better-year-9/ )
To view album, please click: