- You spill crumbs while eating and they don’t fall to the floor.
- It looks like you swallowed a giant watermelon.
- Your favorite piece of furniture is a Lazy Boy.
- You daydream about having a custom-made wagon for your tummy every so often.
- You feel like you have been eating the whole day yet find yourself waking up in the middle of the night to refill the bottomless pit that is your stomach (i.e. I WANT FOOD NOW).
- You can’t lie on your back because of the weight, only on your right or left side.
- You can’t sleep without a fortress of pillows to support various parts of your body.
- You can’t touch your toes without bending your knees.
- You can’t see your toes.
- You alternate the two pairs of stretchy pants left which fit you and wait in the wash for them so you will have something to wear.
- You and heartburn are constant companions.
- You climb up stairs and it feels like leg press repetitions in the gym.
- You climb up stairs using all fours (hands to pull you up on the rails as legs push up each step).
- All your short dresses have been magically transformed into tops.
- You know you can add more stuff to this list but are too hungry to concentrate… goodbye, off to do my next lap in the kitchen!
Tag Archives: Pregnancy
As I write this, I am using my pen and paper as there is a nationwide power outage and I am trying to conserve my laptop battery. I am also munching slowly on my breakfast and savouring my cup of hot chocolate. A lingering morning meal is certainly one of life’s simple pleasures.
My husband, on the other hand, is out doing his long run. On any other given Sunday, I would most likely have done the same, but for the next few months I am drastically reducing my run and bike mileage and concentrating more on swimming. No, I am not injured. As a matter of fact, the explanation for my low training volume is quite happy news-we are expecting a baby! …. to read more, http://teamtimex.timexblogs.com/2011/06/05/off-season-for-a-good-reason/